If you are planning to spruce up your room a bit, one of the most effective and recommended options is to introduce another vegetable. This way you will give it a warm and lively touch and you will be more comfortable than ever. For this, it is better to know how to decorate the bedroom with plants and which ones to use for this.
In this article we will list the most popular vegetables for this task and explain why it is acceptable to sleep in a closed room with plants. Besides, We will discuss some great ideas for decorating the bedroom with plants. I hope you find this information useful and inspiring!
What plants can we put in the bedroom?
Before giving you some ideas on how to decorate the bedroom with plants, we will first list some of them that we can place in our bedroom. Sure they must be suitable vegetables indoors. Of course, we will try not to overload the bedroom with so much greenery, after all, this is not about creating a greenhouse. As always, excess is not highly recommended. Here are the most popular plants for decorating bedrooms:
Why is it not advisable to have plants in the room?
Surely you have heard from time to time that it is not good to have plants in the bedroom, or at least to sleep with them in a closed room. But why do people say that? Well, they’re based on the fact that vegetables absorb oxygen at night. According to popular belief, we can wake up feeling unwell or even die. However, This is a belief that is far from reality.
As you well know, plants carry out a process called photosynthesis, by which they create the oxygen that we breathe and that we need to live. As they need sun for this, it takes place during the day. On the other hand, at night, as there is no more sun, they no longer expel oxygen, but absorb it. However, it should be noted that the required quantities of this gas are minimal.
What is the dark phase of photosynthesis?
Now let’s talk about percentages to get a better idea: An adult human being normally needs 2 to 3% of the oxygen present in a room. In exchange, a plant generally does not need more than 0.1%. As you can see, these are minimal amounts. In fact, it is more dangerous to sleep in the same closed room with more people than with plants.
This is why we can say that there is no problem sleeping in a closed room with vegetables. In addition, it will benefit us because not only will they provide us with more oxygen during the day, but they will also brighten our eyes and give our bedroom a more welcoming touch. And who knows, maybe we’ll even wake up in a better mood thanks to them.
Ideas for decorating the bedroom with plants
Now that we know that it is normal to have vegetables in our bedroom and which are the most popular, we are going to discuss some ideas for decorating the bedroom with plants. Sure the final result will depend on our tastes, the space we have and the style we want. Let’s go:
- On the closet: Placing a vine plant on top of the cabinet, near the corner, is a great idea. We can arrange the stems and leaves of the vegetable so that they hang over the sides. It’s really spectacular.
- On the window sill: If your window has a sill, it’s a great place to place occasional plants, especially those that need a little extra sun.
- Hanging pots: Why not place a hanging pot with a vine plant? They always look good and will please our eyes.
- Above the chest of drawers: Several plants can be placed together on top of the chest of drawers and thus give it a little life. Another option would also be to dedicate this space solely and exclusively to a plant that you want to highlight, such as a bonsai.
- On the nightstand: A small plant on the bedside table is also a very good option to beautify the environment. A touch of green always goes well.
In addition to choosing the places where we want to place vegetables, we can also play with other elements, such as pots. It is important to choose pots whose color harmonizes with the rest of the room, that is, with furniture, with fabrics such as curtains, etc. We also have the option of painting and decorating them ourselves, if we like craftsmanship. Then you might be interested in the article on how to decorate a clay pot. It’s a fairly simple and creative task that the little ones in the house will also enjoy.
Large plants: yes or no?
In the event that we are lucky enough to have a large and spacious room, we can consider placing a large or tall plant there. But where? Pay attention to the following ideas, to see if they will convince you:
How to make hanging pots
- Corner: If we have an empty corner, one of the best options is to place a large plant to embellish it.
- Next to the door: Often we have space near the door, why not put a pot with a large plant?
- Zoning: We can also use the larger vegetables to separate the environments. In the case of a bedroom, we could use them to differentiate the bed area from the dressing area, if we have so much space.
- Size set: Do not be afraid to place several plants together. A set of vegetables of different sizes can be great.
We have already accumulated enough ideas for decorating the bedroom with plants. As we have already mentioned before, it is going to be to taste, but surely combining some of these options and with a little creativity you will get a truly spectacular piece. Let us know in the comments how it went for you!