With the arrival of good weather, it is also common for insects to appear and, without a doubt, one of the least sought after in our home are ants. For this reason, a good ant repellent can prevent unpleasant situations.
Do you want to buy the best ant repellent on the market? And do you know what to look for to be effective? So here are the keys. Look at them.
Top 1. The best anti-ants
- It can be used with children and pets.
- It is quick to apply.
- Lasts up to 15 days.
- Can provoke an allergic reaction.
- contains permethrin, which is toxic to cats.
- Some comments that it doesn’t work.
Selection of anti-ant products
In addition to the above, you can also find other ant control products that you should consider. Those are:
Ant Gun Compo
In spray format, this product It not only works for ants, but also for cockroaches, mites, wasps, flies, lice, fleas, etc.
All you have to do is spray the product on the surfaces where the insects are visible.
KB Nexa Ants Gel, 30g
It is a total action gel that destroy the whole anthill. It works in a very short time, and only one drop is enough for it to work. You can use it internally without any problem, but keep in mind that it contains benzisothiazolone, which is very toxic to certain organisms.
Ant trap, ideal for indoors and outdoors, innovative solution
This ant trap has a size of 26 x 12 x 3 centimeters and has a attractant bait to lure ants into the trap and the anthills are eradicated in a few days. To activate it, just press the center.
REPELL Shield Ant Spray
This spray can be used both indoors and outdoors. It’s done with peppermint and cinnamon oil and it is a natural solution like antiant.
KB Nexa Ants Pellets
It is a granulated solution, in a 500 gram package, with which you can apply outside the house. Hard up to a month and acts quickly.
Ant Killer Buying Guide
Although ants are small insects, very strong, but in most cases insignificant, when we see a group of them we get nervous because we know that it means being very careful with the food or the areas where these insects can stay.
To prevent them from entering the houses, Ant killers are very effective. But with so many products on the market, it is inevitable to think about what may be the keys to a successful purchase. Want to know what to watch out for?
As you know, an antiant is actually a product designed to control the appearance of ants, so that you can drive them away or prevent them from entering your home.
These products have different formats such as:
- Spray. It is sold in a bottle as an insecticide but concentrated on these creatures.
- Gel. Normally in an application tube, where you can pour it through entry areas such as windows, balconies, etc.
- Dust. In this case, it is sold in a pierced bottle so that when you open it, you can apply a layer of powder to the areas where the ants enter or where they concentrate.
- Pitfalls. The traps have the function of inviting the ants to come closer to prevent them from leaving.
- Bait. Similar to the above, something “appetizing” is placed on them so that the ants reach that spot but can no longer escape.
- Floor cleaners. It is a specific product for the floor with which you can rub the surface of your house and the smell it gives off (barely perceptible to humans) keeps them away.
Of course, keep in mind that the most effective ant killer out there is the one that will kill the queen ant and her larvae.
Ant repellents are not expensive, especially because they protect us from these unwanted insects. In the market you can find solutions from 5 euros. Everything will depend on the type of presentation they will have as well as the size of the product.
Normally for around 10-15 euros you have more product which can be more or less durable (depending on where you apply it).
What is the best bait for ants?
Choosing the best ant bait is not easy since, in itself, it will depend a lot on certain factors. In general, there are well-known manufacturers who have been making baits for a long time and which, to a greater or lesser extent, are effective, but do they really work for all ants?
And that’s it, when choosing a baithave to consider :
- The type of ant. One ant is not the same as another, and although we may see them the same way, in reality there are different species and each may have a certain bait.
- The size. Depending on how much of a problem you have (if there are a lot of ants or few), you can use a bigger or smaller bait.
- efficiency. In the sense that there are positive reviews or you know the product itself works.
That said, the best ant bait should be appealing to them, not visually, but odorously. Normally, ants are attracted by the smell of food, although sweets are also something that attracts them a lot.
How to remove ants from outside?
It may happen that the ants do not enter your house, but what if they are in the garden and every time you go out and want to have fun, they attack you? Or worse, they attack your plants.
For this there is several remedies you can use to get rid of ants naturally (Especially because if you put anti-ant products around your plants, pots, etc. they can suffer and eventually die). And what are they?
- The vinegar. Making a spray of equal parts vinegar and water is very effective as it will keep them away from your garden. In addition, at the dose you apply, your plants will not suffer. Of course, when the smell wears off, they will come back.
- Natural repellents. Like coffee beans with baking soda. This remedy lasts longer because it is “solid”.
- Boiling water. To use it, you must find where the ant nest is to kill it immediately.
- Garlic. Using it with water can be very effective, placing it as a spray or near plants.
- Lemon. A solution of lemon and water with very good results, because the acid disorients the ants and prevents them from going where they want.
- Soapy water and neem oil. Both of these solutions are well known for killing pests (not just ants) and you will be protecting your plants and, indirectly, yourself.
Now that you know a little more about ant repellents, do you know where to buy them? We give you a few options.
Amazon is one of the stores where you can find more variety, not only in prices, but also in types of ant repellents. Of course, pay attention to the prices because some may be more expensive in this store than going to the one who sells them (ie externally).
If you went to physical Carrefour stores it would probably cost you more to find variety, but online you have plenty of options to choose from.
In this store you will also have variety. Obviously it does not have as many products as the two previous ones, but there are different presentations of quality anti-ant products, and at affordable prices.
Now it’s up to you to choose the ant repellent that best suits your needs.