Squash is a very important plant for the garden: it produces a tasty and very useful vegetable in the kitchen, also interesting for the long life it can have if stored correctly. The size of some pumpkin varieties is a source of great pride for many growers, who take pride in their enormous pumpkins.
For the pumpkin to grow properly, you have to choose the right time for planting, so that the plant finds the right temperature to grow, flower and then let the long-awaited fruit ripen. Being a fairly demanding crop, it is important to give it well-fertilized soil and leave enough space for each plant.
Sweet Baked Pumpkin GOOD TASTE
- Salmon-colored meat, very productive and tasty. It prefers fertile soils, rich in organic matter and deep
- Vegeta better with high humidity
- Cultivation method: sow 3-4 seeds per shot. When the plants reach 15 cm they should be thinned, leaving the two most vigorous plants in each 150×100 cm
- Sowing: March to May
- Harvest: from 120 days
Butternut Squash – ECO
- Easy-to-grow pumpkin variety with pear-shaped fruits up to 1 kg
- Sow in late winter or early spring in a 1 x 1 m frame, placing 3-4 seeds per shot
- Can be sown in trays for transplanting when the plant has 2-3 leaves
- Harvest from September to November
Bestseller No. 4
Biojoy Organic Pumpkin Seeds, raw and without salt (1 kg)
- ORGANIC PUMPKIN SEEDS | Our raw and crunchy pumpkin seeds are a pure and natural product – without hulls and without any treatment with preservatives. We pack them the natural way in convenient zippered packaging.
- BECAUSE? | Organic pumpkin seeds are a snack with a wide variety of uses and are high in protein. They contain many ballast substances, more than 80% unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, beta-carotene, minerals, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- HOW?| Pumpkin seeds are the perfect snack between meals, but they are also suitable for muesli or added to low carb bread. The flavor becomes even more intense after a short pan roast.
- OUR PROPOSAL | Whether as a healthy snack, a baking spice or an addition to a variety of dishes: pumpkin seeds are a proven helper in the kitchen and are particularly important for many mixtures of crisp and fresh salads.
- SATISFIED | Your satisfaction is important to us – please share with us what you think about how our healthy, pure and varied pumpkin seeds taste! We would also love to hear your opinion on our service.
Bestseller No. 5
Germisem Cucurbita Mix Pumpkin Seeds 2g
- form fruits of all shapes and colors
- vegetable seeds provide a healthy addition to your diet all year round
- dried fruits are very decorative and keep for a long time
- very easy to sow
- germination in 12 days
Bestseller No. 9
Pumpkin Majorca – ECO
- Elongated fruits of 50-60 cm in the shape of a club with tasty pulp appreciated for its production and its flavor
- Sow 3-4 seeds per shot
- When the plants reach 15 cm, they should be thinned, leaving two plants in each 150 x 100 cm.
- Collection from 4-5 months
When planting pumpkin
The pumpkin is a vegetable that is sown in the spring to be harvested in the fall: its period of growth, fruiting and maturation is long. Choosing the right time is a necessary condition for a successful harvest, according to many farmers, even the moon phase can have an effect.
Pumpkin seed germinates at a temperature of about 25 degrees and the plant suffers when the thermometer drops below 10 degrees, the cold can cause it to die or become irreversibly dwarfed. For this reason, squash should be sown in the spring, once temperatures have stabilized. If you want to put the seed directly in the garden, it’s fine to do so from april , so as not to encounter late frosts or night cold that can put the plant in difficulty. can decide anticipate planting by putting it in jars to be kept in a heated seedbed, in this case you can start growing the pumpkin by placing the seeds in March, The transplant will then take place between April and May.
After planting, you can see that the epidemic emerges in 10/15 days. The growth cycle of pumpkin is long compared to many other vegetables: a pumpkin it takes four or five months from sowing to harvest. For this reason, although sowing takes place in the spring, a typical autumn vegetable is grown, which will be ready between September and October.
The phase of the good seeding moon
Like most fruiting vegetables, pumpkin must be sown on a crescent moon if we want to take into account the lunar influence. This is not a binding prescription, the pumpkin grows even if planted on a waning moon, it is a matter of deciding whether or not to follow an ancient peasant tradition.
It should be clarified that there is no scientific proof of the actual impulse of the moon, although it is a very common practice in agriculture to look at the lunar calendar to decide when to plant, even today most of the farmers still take into account the lunar pulse phase.
How to Plant Pumpkins
Pumpkin is characterized by a large seed, very easy to grow. It may be useful to respect the direction of sowing and to place the seed at the appropriate depth, to facilitate the birth of the seedling.
The pumpkin has one big seed: for every gram of seed, there can be 5 out of 10 seeds, compared to hundreds of seeds of other plants like peppers and tomatoes. The shape of the seed is not an oval which has a point on one side, useful for understanding the direction. The pumpkin seed is very easy to germinate, when you don’t save it for planting you can also decide to eat it roasted, a nutritious snack, also useful for decorating bread or to flavor salads.
Pumpkin can be sown by dropping the seed into a hole, but to facilitate life in the sprout and promote the emergence of the seedling, it is useful to put the seed in the right direction. Its oval has a tip that coincides with the side where the roots will come out, so it is ideal to put the seed with the tip down.
Seeding depth and operation
The right depth to plant pumpkins is 2/3 centimeters, for this it is better to make holes to put them at the right distance from each other and insert two or three seeds in each one. After germination, it can be thinned out by removing too many seedlings. This obviously assuming sowing in the garden, if the seeds are instead put in jars, the sixth sowing will then be determined during transplanting.