Industrial hemp is the variety of cannabis that is grown specifically for non-recreational uses. It is used to produce strong and versatile materials such as fibers, as well as oils and medicines, among others.
Hemp is one of the oldest cultivated plants and has been used for centuries for manufacturing and medicinal purposes.
Although it is the same species as recreational cannabis, Cannabis-sativaindustrial hemp seeds will give plants without psychoactive effects, unlike cannabis seedswith a top THC and which produce psychoactive effects.
How is industrial hemp grown?
This variety is sown in the spring in rich, well-drained soils, and they are plants that can reach almost 4 meters in height.
Like other cannabis strains, industrial hemp needs plenty of sunlight to thrive. It is also important that they receive adequate watering so that they do not dry out.
Zillion Craft Classic Hemp Fiber Backpack…
- Organic hemp core grown in the high Himalayas of Nepal where the fiber is prepared on a handmade wooden loom. So it’s pure and authentic.
- Designed to be lighter and more comfortable than others with selected handcrafted materials. .
- Hemp fiber is stronger, durable and moisture wicking, which is the perfect choice for summer.
- Perfect size with Height: 17″ x Length: 15″ x Width: 6″, which is good for school, college, laptop backpack and outdoor activities .
- Multiple pockets with adjustable back strap with heavy duty cotton used inside and back that controls weight and allows for a comfortable fit. Weight: approximately 1.3 kg.
Once the hemp plants have matured, they are harvested for their various uses and the seeds can also be collected for replanting in subsequent years. The uses are extremely varied, as they can be used both to extract hemp oil and to produce fibers, fabrics, medicines and other products.
History of industrial hemp
Industrial hemp has been used for centuries. It is believed to have been one of the first crops domesticated by man. This dates back at least 8,000 years. It is believed that the Chinese were the first to use hemp to make clothes and fabrics.
In ancient Greece, sailors used hemp to make the sails of their ships. It is also believed that the Celts used hemp to make bowstrings.
In the Middle Ages, hemp was used in many parts of Europe to make clothes and rope. In some countries, farmers had to pay taxes with hemp, that is, it was used as currency.
WANIAN Red Railing Protection Durable Safety Net…
- [Materiales importados] The hemp rope safety net is made of high quality imported jute raw materials, environmentally friendly stone material, durable, bright in color, long fiber,…
- 【Craftsmanship】Masters with 20 years of weaving experience weave a net through traditional craftsmanship. The grid is uniform and not easily damaged. The buckle is fixed by hand and the design…
- □ Snap □ Safety net wire diameter 8mm (0.31″), mesh space 10cm (3.93″). The safety net can be customized for you depending on your purpose. The net distance and…
- [Aplicación multifuncional] Decorative safety nets can not only bring a sense of security to children, but also create a strong retro atmosphere for you, and create a…
- [Rendimiento de seguridad súper alto] The practical hemp rope protective net for sports is also very strong, does not hurt your hands and is weatherproof. If you need a higher level of…
During the industrial revolution, hemp became one of the main materials for the manufacture of clothing and paper. It was because it was a strong and resistant material. which made it possible to manufacture products at a lower cost.
Uses of industrial hemp today
Industrial hemp is used to produce a wide variety of products and in the EU there is a list of certified seeds for this type of cultivation of the plant. The main current uses are:
Fibers: hemp is used to make a variety of textile products, from clothes to rope and rope. Hemp fibers are also used to make different types of paper and upholstery.
There is quite a renaissance in the use of hemp fiber for textile purposes as it generates twice as much fiber as cotton, uses far less water and pesticides, and improves the soil. It is therefore a very advantageous type of fiber and it is estimated that its use will increase during this century.
Oil: hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the plant. These seeds contain a high amount of essential fatty acids which are beneficial for health. Hemp oil is commonly used in cosmetics.
Medications: industrial hemp is also used to produce medicines and natural products. These products contain the plant’s cannabinoids, which have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. CBD is one such cannabinoid that has revolutionized the non-recreational medical cannabis industry in recent years.
Energy: hemp can also be used to produce biofuels. These fuels are cleaner than fossil fuels and are also renewable.
In this linkthe Junta de Andalucía has issued a statement in this regard, given that the cultivation of hemp in recent years has been on the increase and they wanted to clarify certain aspects of its cultivation at the regulatory level.
What do you think? Did the article help you? Leave me your opinion in the comments of the forum and if it works for you, you can always support the channel with a donation or help me spread it by sharing it on social media. If you want to follow me, here are some of the social networks I use Facebook , instagram , pinterest either subscribe to my youtube channel
HERE I LEAVE YOU A POSTER IN CASE YOU WANT TO SAVE IT ON PINTEREST