Before, and still today in certain cities, the doors of the houses did not have a lock. They were open because people trusted each other. However, this did not last long and when security was important, the door lock became indispensable.
Are you looking for one that is safe, good and above all, that lasts a long time? So perhaps what we have to talk to you about today is of great interest to you. Looked.
- Top 1. The Best Door Lock
- Selection of door locks
- Door lock buying guide
- Which type of lock is the most secure?
- Or buy?
Top 1. The Best Door Lock
- Electronic lock.
- Simplified installation.
- Locking 5 seconds after opening.
- Use batteries (and if they don’t work, they won’t open).
- It does not connect to mobile or internet.
Selection of door locks
Discover other door locks that might interest you.
Tesa Assa Abloy 4210BE253NI Single Point Lock for Narrow Case
Of anti-jimmy toggle lever, this lock has a stainless steel front and strike plate. It has a reversible latch.
Lock S7/4125 100HB Straight cylinder 50 mm
It’s a door lock surpass, with a 50 mm cylinder and 3 keys.
Tesa Assa Abloy 20106PHL 60mm Entry Mortise Lock
It’s a single point security mortise lock for doors with a narrow front of 20 mm. The cylinder operates the lever and the latch.
SER.4M.C/SC/C.DX 60 S/ASTE mount – Triple locking, right orientation
It has 40mm Travel Lock Bolts and a triple closure with half-turn.
Nuki Smart Lock 3.0, smart lock for the front door without conversion
It’s a digital lock in which you will use your mobile as an access key. It has an automatic locking system and opens and closes when entering and leaving the house.
Door lock buying guide
We know that if you are looking for a door lock, it is because You are concerned about your safety, yours or that of your family. Therefore, when choosing one, you should not only be governed by the price, but also consider other factors that will influence this choice and make the purchase more successful. Below we list them.
The size of the lock will depend on the door you have. You can’t put a small lock when the door is very big because it won’t help (it will be easy to pop it because it doesn’t have enough strength to keep the door secure).
Generally, one lock is suitable for doors up to 60mm wide. If your door is longer, you will need to look for special ones. And the same if it measures less.
Have you ever wondered how many types of locks there are? Focusing on locks for security doors, you can find the following:
- multipoint: They are among the safest because they have several anchor points. They are attached to the door frame and are not vulnerable to the lever system.
- cylindrical: These are the usual in Europe and very common. They have a cylinder that is activated when the correct key is inserted. The most modern models have anti-shock systems so that they cannot be forced.
- embedded: They are mainly used in the doors of the house and only the slot through which the key enters is visible. They are also called sausages and some have an anti-shock system.
- invisible: the newest and safest. They work with a remote control.
- gorges: They were the most used before the arrival of the cylindrical ones. They consisted of a key with a tube and a tooth on the end, but they were easy to handle.
- Digital: They are the ones who use the number keys, fingerprints, cards… to be able to open. They are secure because they lock when forced, but they are not common in house doors.
- tubular: they are not very secure and are mainly used in bathrooms or bedrooms to prevent people from entering. But they can be easily forced.
- surpass: With an interior installation, the lock is exposed on the exterior, making them easy to pick with a crowbar.
With or without Wi-Fi
Although they have been with us for a few years, WiFi locks are not particularly established in homes, but they help to open the door without the need of a key, just using the mobile to do so. Some even have a camera to check who is behind the door before opening (and thus provide more security).
In your case, when buying a lock, You should consider whether one with or without WiFi is appropriate. What does it depend on? From your Internet connection. And it is that sometimes it does not reach that area of the house and you can find failures when opening. Or even worse, the internet goes away and you can’t get into the house.
The last factor to consider is the price. But this one will depend on all of the above. Especially the type of door lock you choose.
In general, prices can vary from 15 to more than 500 (in special locks).
Which type of lock is the most secure?
When looking for a lock, you want it to be as secure as possible. But there are hundreds or thousands of door lock models on the market. And when you’re not an expert on the subject, you can’t be sure you’re buying the best one. Also, as you have seen before, there are many types of locks.
Of all, the best currently is the invisible lock. It is a lock that has a remote control to open or close. In addition, it also allows the use of a cylinder lock, so as to provide double security.
Of course, being the newest, they are also the most expensive.
After all that we have told you, it is normal that you already have a clear idea of what you want to buy. The door lock is easy to find, but not in every store you will have several models to choose from. Sometimes they only have the ones people ask for the most, but they don’t give you a choice.
For this reason, many use the Internet to buy online and thus see more models. Of all the stores, there are two main ones that are sought after. And we have analyzed what you can find there.
On Amazon we can find many products related to a door lock. Now, in these results, it is possible that there are accessories for locks that are not really locks, so you will have to filter.
Leroy Merlin has a category which is locks and bolts. Within it, it has several subcategories that will depend on what you are looking for to click on one or the other. For example, it has locks for metal doors, mortise, overlap…
At about just over 300 models to choose from among all the types it offers usand their prices vary from 16 to 67 euros.
Now it’s up to you which door lock is best for your particular case.