Ants are one of the most hated pests because they are difficult to control and there are many species of them around the world. Today we are going to see how to eliminate ants from the garden naturally. The methods described and the ant remedies we describe below work on most types of ants.
How to Get Rid of Garden Ants Naturally
Let’s see how to end the plague with these ant remedies. They are valid for the garden, but many of them can also be applied at home.
This is one of the simplest remedies for ants. Squeeze a lemon and apply it, either with a spray bottle or a cotton ball, to the area where ants usually pass.
As with lemon, this ant remedy should be sprayed using a spray bottle. It should not be used on land because vinegar acidifies the soil. We talked about it in the article 7 uses of vinegaras well as in the article on how to change soil pH.
Sprinkling cinnamon on all the places where ants pass can serve as a home remedy. It can even be placed at the entrance to the anthill. It is a very effective ecological method but you have to be constant, and apply for a long time until the ants deign to leave.
There should be no plants, and if you are on the ground, you can use syringes. It is true that it is a little cruel.
The grounds left by the coffee when it is made in the coffee maker is also not appreciated by ants. We talked about it in the article 7 uses of coffee grounds for plants in the garden.
This home remedy against ants is very effective if what we want is not to enter the sugar container, for example. It can also be applied to cover the entrances to anthills.
COMPO Bio Insecticide Stop, Insecticide for horticulture and…
- Insecticide and acaricide which acts by contact and ingestion, Combats a wide spectrum of pests: spiders, mites, mealybugs, whiteflies, thrips, special pests, etc., Ideal protection for fruits,…
- Simple and effective: Reliable and fast elimination of pests from the garden, balcony, terrace or greenhouse, Rapeseed oil as active ingredient, Ideal for organic farming
- Easy to use: Evenly spray infested plants until visibly damp, Spray early morning or late afternoon, Quantity Information…
- Ready-to-use product, Apply only in its entirety, Approved concentration, Not harmful to bees, Store in the original packaging in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Contents: 1 x COMPO Bio Insecticide Stop, Insecticide for horticultural and aromatic plants, Suitable for organic farming, 750 ml
Add the baking powder to a little water and mix with the sugar. The yeast ferments and will die from the gases that are given off.
Let the garlic soak for 24 to 48 hours. Boil for 20 minutes and apply with a sprayer.
fruit of paradise
The fruits of the Melia azedarach tree have a strong effect on ants, but be careful, keep it out of reach of children.
If you put copper in wires or in little plates around the trunks of trees, they won’t come up.
Baking soda is another of the home remedies to get rid of garden ants, a method also applicable to kitchen ant pests. You just have to spread it around the passage area.
For some fungi that affect garden plants, you can also make a fungicide with milk and baking soda for plants.
ECO Ground Diatomaceous Earth® 5kg – 100% Natural and…
- Ground diatomaceous earth 5 kg, ideal for controlling pests and helping us to take care of animals and plants.
- 100% natural, harmless and environmentally friendly product.
- Amorphous diatomaceous earth, obtained only by mechanical means. High purity, without additives or residues.
- FOOD SUPPLEMENT: Improves feeding conditions – PEST CONTROL – NATURAL FERTILIZER: Enriches the soil in a natural and ecological way, in addition to eliminating unwanted pests. -…
Condensed milk borax
Borax is toxic to ants and to us. You must use protection.
If you have ants on your worms, continuously watering them and keeping them moist will kill them.
Rice cooked with sugar
It will taste sweet and they will prevail. As they ferment, they die.
Get rid of ants by feeding them
Put a piece of candy or meat and when it’s full, kill them. Repeat the process. Once I managed to eradicate this pest in this way.
Put a cork seedling upside down. Soak a few times a week. The ants will move their nest there. Delete them with any previous method.
There are sweet attractants that have the same effect as rice or barley.
Insecticidal powder is for inside the house. They should not be applied in the garden, it is only for warehouses.
Tie the thread with cotton
This method is used to prevent them from climbing trees. They don’t like the surface of the cotton at all, so having the whole trunk surrounded by cotton makes them turn over without coming up. Of course, after the rain, we will have to replace it.
Cut pieces of street and soak for 24 hours, apply to paths that circulate in a spray manner.
This well-known ornamental plant has insecticidal properties in its roots, so planting them in our garden will eliminate ants.
Planting purple cabbage in the garden is one of the most effective home remedies for eliminating leafcutter ants. What we will do once harvested is to put purple cabbage, or any cabbage for lack thereof, near the nest. The cabbage ferments inside and they die.
What do you think ? Was this article helpful to you? Leave me your opinion in the comments and if it helps you you can always support the channel with a donation or help me spread it, by sharing it on social networks. If you want to follow me, here are some of the social networks I use Facebook , instagram , pinterest That is subscribe to my youtube channel
HERE I LEAVE YOU A POSTER IN CASE YOU WANT TO SAVE IT ON PINTEREST