As every month, many new readers of the blog and followers of the channel, as well as novice gardeners, will also ask themselves the question in this month which begins what to plant in may in the gardenwhat are the ideal crops to plant or transplant at this time of year.
Well, what we should plant will depend on where in the world we are. We will start with the northern hemisphere, where La Huertina is located.
What to plant in May in the orchard in Spain and the northern hemisphere
As the majority of readers in this part of the world come from Spain, although we also have many loyal fans from Mexico, France, Germany and elsewhere, we will start here in the northern hemisphere.
Although this division is very convenient for dividing in half (here it is spring, in the south it is autumn), each zone even in the same region varies, so each crop must be adapted to the specific climate. The climate of Galicia is not the same as that of Valencia, although it is in the same hemisphere and even in the same country and relatively close.
That said, in broad strokes, here are the crops to plant in May in the garden in this part of the globe:
Swiss chard is a very grateful crop. It doesn’t require much more than water and soil. We have already explained in several articles the different stages of this culture, from sowing to Swiss chard transplantor what are the beet diseases more common.
Also, if you check the box support culturethere are other crops of the same season that blend perfectly with this aromatic.
Caves | Cone of fresh basil with its roots | Grass…
- 🌿 BASIL WITH ITS ROOTS: the plant is still alive so that you can enjoy all its properties. As freshly picked but at home. It is perfect for enhancing any dish, as it brings a unique flavor and aroma to your usual recipes.
- 👩🍳 THE MOST VERSATILE AROMATIC: here are some ideas! Prepare a delicious natural pesto, add it to your pizzas, pastas and salads. Fancy a basil mojito? Dare to reinvent the classic cocktail. The basil gives it a sweet flavor that tastes great.
- 🔎 MORE DETAILS: Completely pesticide-free product. Unless it is going to be planted, keep refrigerated and consume as soon as possible. The container is 100% compostable, made of cardboard and waterproofing in PLA (corn starch). You can recycle it or take it to your nearest composting area.
- 💚 WHO WE ARE? : Groots is a company dedicated to the cultivation of herbs and vegetables thanks to the innovative vertical hydroponic system, with which water is saved and environmental problems such as soil erosion and deforestation are avoided. Our mission is to change the way we grow and consume our food to create a sustainable future.
- 📩 CUSTOMER SERVICE: We are at your disposal to solve all your doubts and questions about our products. We will be happy to assist you with the customer service that we make available to you via Amazon’s internal messaging system.
Well in the spring, in May, we can plant spinach.
This month we can start plant eggplantwhile he eggplant seedlings We will have done this at the end of winter, so the plants have had enough time to grow and are an ideal size to be planted in their final place.
May is also an ideal time to plant zucchini. if you wonder what to plant next to zucchiniWell, the list is quite generous: peas, beans, beans, hubbard squash, corn, calendula and a long etcetera.
Undoubtedly, berries and berries are wonderful at this time of year. And yes, now is the right time to plant strawberries.
There is a lot of types of lettuce which can be planted in May. It’s a matter of taste, but it’s generally a good time to grow it.
Without a doubt we can plant cucumberswhich also with the arrival of heat bring total freshness to dishes such as salads, sandwiches, or even to eat alone with a little salt and oil.
A harvest not to be missed and which can be planted in May. It can be done in pots or directly on the terraces (if you want to do it in pots, consult the pepper pot pruning). It’s good to know that if we make it on earth, plant peppers It brings additional benefits to the garden, since it combines very well with other crops.
This culture cannot be missing in our garden. Spring is the time to plant tomatoes. There are many crops that work very well with tomato plants.
In addition to the crop association quadrant we named earlier, we have already explained what the 12 ideal crops are. what to plant next to tomatoes in the orchard and hold each other accountable.
The carrot It is quite versatile in terms of climate, but that does not prevent it from being a good harvest for the month of May.
Another aromatic that can be planted in May.
Cultivea Complete Herb Kit – Grow your own…
- 🌿 GROW YOURSELF: With Cultivea, you can grow your own aromatic herbs. Even without space for a garden, you can now grow herbs inside your home all year round. Sow the seeds, watch the plants grow, and use your own herbs to cook with produce you can be proud of.
- 🍃 ORGANIC SEEDS AND ECOLOGICAL PRODUCTS: We are committed to offering only French seeds from 100% organic and environmentally friendly agriculture. The soil included in the kits allows the seeds to grow into beautiful plants that you can use as spices for all your culinary creations. You will be an active player in your own diet.
- 🌱 COMPLETE KIT: The kit contains everything you need to grow your herbs easily and sustainably. Soil, seeds, beads and all decorative objects are included in the kit. Plus, you’ll never get lost or need guidance by following our step-by-step instructions.
- 🏡 ENLARGE YOUR HOME: In addition to being useful for your kitchen, glass jars, macrame cords, labels and color combinations will bring a modern and natural look to your decoration. It doesn’t matter if you only have a small balcony, Cultivea planters will allow you to create an ecological and organic planting. They will also be a great decoration for your home.
- 🎁 IDEAL GIFT: The Cultivea herb kit is the perfect gift for people who enjoy gardening, cooking or decorating. By offering this package, you will be sure to offer an original, ecological and surprising gift.
Another aromatic, like coriander, that we can (and should) have right now. plant parsley, whether in the garden or in a pot, will only bring good to the rest of the crops, to our dishes and to our health. If you still don’t know the difference between cilantro and parsleytwo very similar but different plants at the same time, we recommend that you read the article that we devote to it and learn to distinguish them.
basil plant in the garden it will bring us many benefits. One of the most important is that it will help repel pests and insects.
What can be planted in May in the southern hemisphere
In the southern hemisphere, we are already in autumn, so the ideal crops to plant in May would be:
- Buds of Tudela
- Brussels sprouts
- Pack Choi
Check out our article on what to plant and what to plant in fall for more information on this.
What do you think? Did you like the article? Leave me your opinion in the comments and if it helps you you can always support the channel with a donation or help me spread it, by sharing it on social networks. If you want to follow me, here are some of the social networks I use Facebook , instagram, pinterest Is subscribe to my youtube channel
HERE I LEAVE YOU A POSTER IN CASE YOU WANT TO SAVE IT ON PINTEREST